The School of Government and Society at the University of Birmingham is committed to the delivery of world-class research in political science and international studies. Established in 2008, the School comprises three Departments: Politics and International Studies (POLSIS); International Development (IDD) and Local Government Studies (INLOGOV).
A series of broad research themes underpin the research activities of the School.
Current research projects across the School:
More research projects throughout the school
Latest research news
- Written by Chris Game. It seems Scottish voters are warming to the whole independence idea, then – bucking the trend that the experts have been telling us for months they're almost bound to follow.
- Monday 15th September 2014
- From counter-terrorism operations in Afghanistan, to Amazon delivery services, the use (and ownership) of drone technology has major implications for domestic and international security. But what are the legal and ethical implications of this technology, and can drones ever be fully autonomous? Join leading experts for a topical and timely debate on the civilian and military use of drones.
- Thursday 11th September 2014
- POLSIS hosts a number of seminars throughout the year which focuses on a number of different topics. Listen to the latest podcasts from our recent events.
- Wednesday 10th September 2014
More research news throughout the School of Government and Society.