Birmingham Law School offer scholarships for international students on the undergraduate LLB programmes and scholarships for Home/EU and international students on the LLB for Graduates programme.
For 2017 entry Birmingham Law School will be offering scholarships to international applicants for the following LLB programmes;
Birmingham Law School scholarships
Eligibility: International students with overseas fees status who have applied for one of the above courses and placed Birmingham as firm choice. Applications are assessed based on academic merit. Scholarships are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
Applicants are required to complete the LLB scholarship application form and send it to email@example.com. The application includes a 500 word statement, in which students should address why they should be made an award. You must include your UCAS ID number in your letter of motivation.
Applications are now open for 2017. The deadline for applications is 5pm (BST) 23 June 2017.
Successful applicants will be notified in July 2017. Scholarships are not payable directly to successful applicants but are set off against the University fee invoice for 2017-2018 and will be transferred once successful applicants have paid the balance owed by them to the University. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants with feedback on their application.
Terms & conditions
- To retain the Excellence Scholarship students must gain a minimum of a 2:1 (60%+) in each year of study. Should these grades not be achieved the scholarship will be withdrawn for the remainder of the programme.
- Students on the Law with French Law or Law with German Law programmes will receive scholarship payments in years 1,2 and 4 assuming all conditions are met.
- Scholarships are available to all privately funded international students categorised as overseas for fees purposes.
- Scholarships are only available for students beginning their programme in September 2017 and cannot be deferred.
- Students in receipt of support from other funding bodies which wholly cover their tuition are not eligible.