Studying Italian at Birmingham will give you the opportunity to develop fluency in the language, whilst learning about Italian culture, society, politics and history.
Courses are taught by an enthusiastic team of dedicated and experienced academics, making it a lively and ambitious learning environment.
Italian will open your eyes to a rich, fascinating culture, and teach you to speak a wonderful language fluently.
Over 75% of research in the Department of Modern Languages has been judged to be ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’. This is the result of the national Research Excellence Framework exercise, which assessed research publications and the public impact of research carried out in all universities in the UK 2008-2014.
- Excellent, targeted language tuition for beginners, intermediate and advanced students
- An exciting range of undergraduate options from Dante to contemporary politics and cinema
- A low student:staff ratio, leading to high student satisfaction
- Top marks in HEFCE teaching quality assessment
- Large vibrant postgraduate community
- Home of the Leopardi Centre - to promote the study and knowledge of Leopardi and his cultural context in the UK
- Home of the Birmingham Dante Alighieri Society.