Open level post
The Philosophy department at Birmingham invites applications for an open level post in philosophy (AOS: Open, AOC: Open). We are keen to consider all levels of candidates from early career stage lecturers and senior lecturers through to Reader and Chair candidates.
Over the past two years our department has taken great strides toward the goal of morphing into one of the leading departments in the English-speaking world. The process has obviously involved truly unprecented levels of support from the University. Maja Spener and Scott Sturgeon first joined the department from Oxford and six new permanent positions have been filled then by Justin Clarke-Doane, Nick Jones, Ian Rumfitt, Alex Silk, Jeremy Williams and Alastair Wilson. This advertised position is part of the initial phase of the transformation process.
- Deadline: 7 November 2013
- Job Reference: 51133
- Informal enquiries can be made to Professor Scott Sturgeon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Salary: At Chair level, we offer a highly competitive package for outstanding candidates. For Senior Lecturer/Reader the scale is £45.941 - £69.412 and for lecturer £37.382 - £50.186.
- For detailed duties and responsibilities and person specification, please see the full job description.
- Applicants are invited to submit their applications by using our Online Applications System.