University of Birmingham India Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU), India
- Type of Award
- External, University
- Deadline for applying
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships of £4,500 for Indian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2017.
These are joint awards with our local representatives who are listed here in alphabetical order: Aspire Overseas Education, Chopras, Edwise, IDP, Krishna Consultants and Trivedi Education Consultants.
The scholarships will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2017/18 academic year.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £4,500 towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2017.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Indian domiciled and an Indian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Aspire Overseas Education, Chopras, IDP, Krishna Consultants, and Trivedi Education Consultants.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 7 July 2017.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by the scholarship deadline of 7 July 2017. Selection for the award will be based purely on academic merit.
Only under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades) will applicants be asked to attend an interview via Skype.
Decisions will be announced in late July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2017.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
The Chopras - Delhi:
Tel: +91 (0)11 26414164, 26414165
Trivedi Educational Consultants Pvt. Ltd. - Mumbai:
Tel: +91 (0)22-2663 6600 (100 Lines)
Mobile : 09833113177
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire Overseas Education LLP - Delhi:
Tel: +91 11 24109844/5, +91 11 49000113
Krishna Consultants - Nagpur:
E-mail : email@example.com
IDP Educational Consultants - Gurgaon:
Edwise International LLP - Mumbai
Tel: (+91) 022 4081 3333 / (+91) 022 2200 3338