Posted on Thursday 8th May 2014
- The Brazilian paper Gazeta do Povo had a feature on Dr Jonathan Radcliffe’s research into systems which use cold air to generate power (25.5.14)
- First year Physics student Daniel Butter was mentioned in the Telegraph for having won the Construction category at the Telegraph UK STEM Awards 2014 (28.5.14).
- Professor Kai Bongs was interviewed by Electronics Weekly about the University’s Optical Clock for a feature on Quantum Science following a recent DSTL event at the National Physics Laboratory (23.5.14).
- Dr Nick Hawes was interviewed for an episode of BBC's Horizon about his area of research - robots caring for people with dementia (22.5.14)
- Professor Jeremy Wyatt was interviewed by The Engineer about research into teaching robots to pick up unfamiliar objects without dropping or breaking them. (22.5 14)
- Professor David Charlton and Professor David Evanswere featured by BBC News in articles about CERN plans, two years after Higgs Boson discovery. (16.5 14)
- Professor Russell Beale appeared on BBC Midlands Today on the day when the young cancer sufferer, Steven Sutton, died, talking about his social media campaign to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust (14.5.14)
- Dr Zoe Schnepp talks to Chemistry World about her research into jelly fuel cells (2.5.14)
- Dr Ilya Mandel provided technical advice for a feature on black holes for the March 2014 National Geographic, which appeared on the front page of the magazine .