YourGuarantor Scheme

When moving into the private sector, most private landlords and letting agents request a UK-based guarantor who will become liable for the rent, and possibly and damage, if you are unable to pay at any point throughout the tenancy.

In shared houses, students are likely to be asked for one guarantor for each individual. Your agent/landlord will let you know about the guarantor requirements before you sign the contract. If you are unable to provide a UK-based guarantor, landlords and letting agents may ask you to pay more rent upfront, which can be a considerable cost.

The University has partnered with YourGuarantor who can act as a UK guarantor for a fee that is calculated according to your rent amount – to see if you qualify, please follow the link below to the University's webpage on the YourGuarantor site.

yourguarantor logo