School of Mathematics
- School of Mathematics
University of Birmingham
Andrew Mitchell is a PhD student in the Topology and Dynamics Group. His supervisors are Dr Dan Rust (Open University) and Dr Tony Samuel.
- MMath in Mathemtics, University of St Andrews, 2018
- Aperiodic order
- Ergodic theory and dynamical systems
- Fractal geometry and multifractal analysis
- Applications of computational methods to problems in the above areas
- Awarded Associate Fellowship of Advance HE, June 2022.
- On word complexity and topological entropy of random substitution subshifts, arXiv:2305.04817, 14 pages.
- Multifractal analysis of measures arising from random substitutions, (with A. Rutar), arXiv:2301.04958, 49 pages.
- Coincidence and noncoincidence of dimensions in compact subsets of [0, 1], (with L. Olsen), arXiv:1812.09542, 18 pages.
- Measure theoretic entropy of random substitution subshifts, (with P. Gohlke, D. Rust and T. Samuel). Annales Henri Poincaré 24, (2023), 277-323.
- On the Hausdorff and packing measures of typical compact metric spaces, (with S. Jurina, N. Macgregor, L. Olsen and A. Stylianou). Aequationes Mathematicae 92, (2018), 709-735.