1) Adab P, Pallan MJ, Lancashire ER, Hemming K, Frew E, Griffin T, Barrett T, Bhopal R, Cade JE, Daley A, Deeks J, Duda J, Ekelund U, Gill P, McGee E, Parry J, Passmore S, Cheng KK. A cluster-randomised controlled trial to assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of a childhood obesity prevention programme delivered through schools, targeting 6–7 year old children: the WAVES study protocol. BMC Public Health 2015, 15:488.
2) Griffin T, Clarke J, Lancashire E, Pallan M, Passmore S, Adab P. Teacher experiences of delivering an obesity prevention programme (The WAVES study intervention) in a primary school setting. Health Education Journal 2015, 74:655-667.
3) Griffin TL, Pallan MJ, Clarke JL, Lancashire ER, Lyon A, Parry JM, Adab P. Process evaluation design in a cluster randomised controlled childhood obesity prevention trial: The WAVES study. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2014;11:112.
4) Adab P, Pallan MJ, Cade J, Ekelund U, Barrett T, Daley A, Deeks J, Duda, J, Gill P, Parry J, Bhopal R, Cheng KK. Preventing childhood obesity, phase II feasibility study focusing on South Asians: BEACHeS. BMJ Open 2014;4:e004579.
5) Pallan MJ, Adab P, Sitch A, Aveyard P. Are school physical activity characteristics associated with weight status in primary school children? A multilevel cross-sectional analysis of routine surveillance data. Arch Dis Child 2014; 99: 135-141.
6) Frew EJ, Bhatti M, Win K, Sitch A, Lyon A, Pallan MJ, Adab P. Cost-effectiveness of a community based physical activity programme for adults (Be Active) in the UK: an economic analysis within a natural experiment. Br J Sports Med 2014; 48:207-212.
7) Mohammadpour-Ahranjani B, Pallan MJ, Rashidi A, Adab P. Contributors to childhood obesity in Iran: The views of parents and school staff. Public Health 2014; 128: 83-90.
8) Pallan M, Parry J, Cheng KK, Adab P. Development of a childhood obesity prevention programme with a focus on UK South Asian communities. Prev Med 2013; 57: 958-954.
9) Clarke J, Fletcher B, Lancashire E, Pallan M, Adab P. The views of stakeholders on the role of the primary school in preventing childhood obesity: a qualitative systematic review. Obes Rev 2013; 14: 975-988.
10) Knowles G, Pallan M, Thomas GN, Ekelund U, Cheng KK, Barrett T, Adab P. Physical activity and blood pressure in children: a longitudinal study. Hypertension 2013; 61: 70-75.
11) Pallan M, Parry JM, Adab P. Contextual influences on the development of obesity in children: a case study of UK South Asian communities. Prev Med 2012; 54: 205–211.
12) Pallan MJ, Hiam LC, Duda JL, Adab P. Body image, body dissatisfaction and weight status in South Asian children: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 2011; 11: 21.
13) Joseph AT, Pallan MJ, Buckley E, et al. Syphilis outbreak in Walsall: lessons for control and prevention. Int J STD & AIDS 2007; 18: 55-57.
14) Pallan MJ, Linnane JG, Ramaiah S. Evaluation of an independent, radiographer-led community diagnostic ultrasound service provided to general practitioners. J Public Health 2005; 27: 176-181.
15) Shah M, Oyebode F. The use of Mental Health Review Tribunals. Psychiatric Bulletin 1996; 20: 653-655.
View all publications in research portal