If you have a first degree:
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in a healthcare related subject
If you do not have a first degree:
- Postgraduate qualification and or experience in a relevant health related area will be considered
- Evidence of the capability to study at masters level
All applicants must have:
- Current registration with an appropriate healthcare regulatory body (e.g. NMC, GMC, BPS or HCPC
- Access to a research population
- A minimum of 18 months post qualification experience
- Two academic/employer references in support of your application and professional and academic capabilities
- Transcripts of your degrees so far (certified and translated in to English if appropriate)
We accept a range of qualifications, our country pages show you what qualifications we accept from your country.
English language requirements
You can satisfy our English language requirements in two ways:
English to IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component).
If you need help with your English language skills then support is available.
The English for Academic Purposes Presessional course is for international students who have a conditional offer to study at the University, but who do not currently meet the English language requirements. The course is tailored to your level of English and allows you to meet the English language requirements for your programme without retaking IELTS. The EAP programme runs throughout the year and offers different programme lengths ranging from 42 weeks to 6 weeks. The length of course you need depends on your future course, your existing IELTS score and the English level you need for your university degree.
Find out more about the English for Academic Purposes Presessional course.