In order to be an eligible scholarship candidate, applicants must have applied for and been made an offer to study on one of the following 12-month MSc programmes at Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham starting in September 2016; MSc International Accounting and Finance, MSc Investments, MSc Financial Management, MSc International Business, MSc Human Resource Management, MSc Human Resource Management (With CIPD Pathway), MSc Management (all pathways), MSc Marketing, MSc International Marketing, MSc Marketing Communications, MSc Strategic Marketing and Consulting, MSc Development Economics, MSc Economics, MSc International Economics, MSc Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, MSc Mathematical Finance, MSc Money Banking and Finance, MSc International Money and Banking, MSc Financial Economics. This offer needs to be made by the University of Birmingham by 29 April 2016 at the latest.
- Candidates must also be a Jamaican citizen by birth, must reside in Jamaica at the time of the scholarship application, and graduated any accredited Jamaican university within the last two years.
- On 2 May 2016 eligible scholarship candidates will be emailed a link to an online scholarship application form. The form must be completed and submitted to Birmingham Business School by 27 May 2016 at the latest. The online application form will include a section for personal details plus a free text box where candidates will be invited to provide a personal statement (maximum 1,000 words) indicating why they should be awarded the scholarship.
- The Business School’s Scholarship Committee and JNBS will consider the applications received, and interviews will be held in Jamaica for those shortlisted.
- The successful candidate will be announced during week commencing 11 July 2016.
- The scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation costs, a maintenance element, an economy return flight, work experience arranged by JNBS, and potentially additional funding for athletic development (all subject to terms and conditions).