- Typical offer:
- AAB-BBB depending on the combination of A levels
- Required subjects and grades:
- Offers will depend on combinations of A levels taken. Minimum B in GCSE Mathematics
- General Studies:
- not accepted
A level Maths and Physics not accepted in combination.
A Level for 2017 entry:
- BBB including Maths or Physics (not both)
- ABB if no Maths or Physics but at least one of the following: Chemistry, Economics, Computer Science or Electronics
- AAB if none of the above but a combination of the following: Media, IT, Business, Arts, Languages, Psychology, Geography, Geology, Biology, Philosophy, DT etc
A Level for 2018 entry:
- BBB including Physics
- ABB including at least one of Chemistry, Computer Science or Economics
- AAB in 3 other subjects.
- Applicants taking A level Maths are not considered.
- Minimum B in GCSE Mathematics
Access to HE:
60 credits overall with at least 45 at Level 3 out of which 30 are at Distinction including 12 in Mathematics + 12 in Physics and 15 at Merit.
32 overall with the following at higher level:
- 555 including Physics
- 655 including at least one of Chemistry, Computer Science or Economics
- 665 in 3 other subjects.
- Applicants taking Higher Level Maths are not considered.
BTEC and Cambridge Technical:
BTEC and Cambridge Technical Extended Diplomas are considered on a case-by-case basis dependent on syllabus. A science-based subject is required.
BTEC Diplomas and Subsidiary Diplomas (Extended Certificate from 2016) and Cambridge Technical Diplomas and Introductory Diplomas (Extended Certificate from 2015/16) will be considered in combination with A Levels on a case-by-case basis dependent on the subjects taken.
BTEC applicants may be required to undergo a problem solving test.
Applicants taking these qualifications are advised to contact the University before making an application.
Depending on your chosen course of study, you may also be interested in one of our foundation pathways, which offer specially structured programmes for international students whose qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to UK universities. Further details can be found on Birmingham International Academy web pages.