Final year modules
In the final year, you continue to work on your German language by taking the following compulsory module:
- German Core Advanced/ Beginners Module
Alongside your compulsory module, you will typically take two optional modules drawn from a wide range of topics in German literature, politics, history, and translation studies:
- Oral presenting and Debating
- German-Language Cinema since 1960: Images of a Nation?
- From the Stasi to the Sandmännchen: Remembering the GDR in the United Germany
- Governance and Political Culture in Germany
- German First World War Writing
- Medieval German Epic and Romance
- Translation in Theory and Practice in Europe
- Oppositional Writing in Nazi Germany
- Sex, Seduction and Submission: Gender in German Literature from 1900 to Today
Final year options are studied across both semesters, in order to enable you to study the topics that interest you in depth. Note that we can usually offer seven of the options listed above at any one time.