English support for current students
Once you have enrolled onto your programme at the University of Birmingham, you will have full access to a range of free English courses, workshops and resources.
As an undergraduate or postgraduate student at Birmingham, you can:
- Attend our free open access English classes.
- Self-assess your academic English.
- Book individual language tutorials.
- Get answers to your language queries.
- Download self-study materials.
“I did the English self-assessment test and then attended some of the drop-in English support classes, that my test results suggested I should do, in my lunchtimes. By doing the online test I chose the classes most suitable for me. The BIA also helped me later in the year when I booked a one-to-one session and a BIA teacher gave me individual help for 30 minutes.”
Find out more about the support we offer to current students