Applying for graduate opportunities
If you have found an opportunity that you would like to apply for, here is some information to help you with your application.
Remember that you can get help from Careers Network for up to two years after graduating.
CV and application support
- Take a look at our Apply Yourself webpages for tips on writing CVs, covering letters and applications. Here you will also find some short guides and workshop recordings.
- If you are planning to make speculative applications to companies or organisations of interest, see our speculative applications guide to find out how.
- Use our virtual CV checking platform, CV Checker for instant feedback. Please register using your @alumni.bham.ac.uk email address.
- If you would like some feedback on your CV, applications or covering letters, you can send your CV for review. You can also book a careers appointment to receive one-to-one feedback on your CV and applications.
Interviews and assessment centre support
- Take a look at our Apply Yourself webpages for tips on interviews and assessment centres. Here you will also find some short guides and workshop recordings.
- Try our user-friendly online interview practice service, where you can create a profile and record your answers to a wide range of interview questions.
- If you have an upcoming interview, it may be possible to book a practice interview with a Careers Adviser. These last 30 minutes and can be held face-to-face or virtually.
Register with Careers Network Get careers advice
Applying for postgraduate study support
- Careers Network also provides support for applying for postgraduate study. There are a range of further study options available to you.
- Take a look at our applying for further study page for tips on interviews and assessment centres. Here you will also find some short guides and workshop recordings.