Share your success
We would love to hear about your experiences after graduation.
Here are a range of ways that you can keep in touch with the University after graduation.
- The Graduate Outcomes survey is a national survey capturing information about the activities and perspectives of graduates 15 months after they finish their studies. All graduates who completed a course will be asked to take part in the survey, in order to help current and future students gain an insight into career destinations and development. Your responses will also help the University of Birmingham to evaluate and promote our courses.
- The survey is also of national significance as it allows policy makers, charities, journalists, researchers and others to understand the higher education sector and the state of the graduate labour market.
- You will receive an email inviting you to complete the survey online. You may also be contacted by telephone and asked to complete the survey over the phone. If you are not contactable, the Graduate Ouctomes team may seek the information from a third party, such as a family member.
- Completing this survey will help to inform the career decisions of current students, providing them with information about the range of paths that graduates from their discipline have followed. Please support this important initiative by updating your details.
- We run a mentoring scheme which enables current students to a gain real insight into their chosen industry from a professional currently working in that same area. It is a rewarding experience for graduates to help someone progress and achieve their full potential for their future career and is.
- We welcome interest from all graduates – you do not have to have mentored before or reached the ‘top’ of your career to be able to be a mentor. You will only be matched to a student where relevant and we provide guidance and support on the mentoring process.
- If you are interested in mentoring a student, please e-mail email@example.com with a brief summary of your career area.
- As a recent alumnus of the University of Birmingham, you should receive a newsletter from the alumni office, which provides you with information on upcoming events, job opportunities, and our specialist graduate support.
Update your details to ensure you stay in touch.
Register with us Get careers advice
Recruiting our students and graduates
- If you are looking to recruit our students and graduates, please take a look at our employer pages for the range of services and opportunities that the Employer Relations Team in Careers Network provides for you.