University of Birmingham Dubai holds open days for prospective students
The University of Birmingham Dubai is hosting two open days - on 9th and 10th December - at its new campus, giving prospective students the opportunity to learn about the range of high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses on offer.
The first global top 100 and Russell Group university to establish a campus in Dubai, Birmingham will open its doors to students in September 2018, offering degrees that will be taught, examined and accredited to the same recognised high standards as those delivered on its UK campus.
Held at its campus in International Academic City, the open days will provide an opportunity for parents and prospective students to talk to senior academics about the courses on offer and find out about the range of opportunities available to develop employability and entrepreneurship skills.
Details of how to register for the events can be found on the University of Birmingham Dubai website.
Visitors to the open days will be able to meet course directors from undergraduate and postgraduate programmes including Business, Economics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, and Primary and Secondary Teacher Education. There will be an exhibition highlighting all programmes of study, as well as topics such as employability, student experience, scholarships and how to apply for courses.
University of Birmingham Vice-Chancellor Professor Sir David Eastwood said: “We look forward to welcoming prospective students and their families to these first open days at the University of Birmingham Dubai campus.
“We have been welcoming the brightest students from across the globe to the University of Birmingham for more than 100 years and are proud to be bringing our world-class British education to Dubai.
“We aim to offer the highest quality academic experience to stretch and challenge our students in Dubai, whilst encouraging bold, independent thinking to ensure that our graduates are equipped to stand out in a competitive, global employment market.
“By choosing to study with us, students will be taught by outstanding academics; experts in their fields who are shaping policy, influencing society, and changing lives. They will join one of the world’s top 100 universities, which counts 11 Nobel Prize winners among its former staff and students.”
Already recognised in the top 1% of universities across the globe, opening its Dubai campus marks the latest phase in the University of Birmingham’s global expansion and builds on the University’s international teaching activities in Singapore and China, and its extensive international research collaborations.
Following approval by the Dubai Government’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA), which is responsible for the growth and quality of education, the University of Birmingham Dubai will provide opportunities for students to study on a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
The University of Birmingham Dubai is located in Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), a leading international education hub with 26 universities.
Visit the University of Birmingham Dubai website.
For more information, please contact: Samantha Dancy, Footstep Communications on 055 5711006.
Notes for Editors
- The University of Birmingham is ranked amongst the world’s top 100 institutions, its work brings people from across the world to Birmingham, including researchers and teachers and more than 5,000 international students from over 150 countries. It was established by Queen Victoria in 1900 as Great Britain’s first civic university, where students from all religions and backgrounds were accepted on an equal basis.
- The University is renowned for its research excellence and its researchers have received 11 Nobel Prizes. From pioneering organ transplants, discovering gravitational waves and furthering understanding of Shakespeare, to developing cures for cancer, advances in robotics and revealing the structure of DNA, the University has been at the forefront of some of the most ground-breaking discoveries of the last 100 years.
- Birmingham is acknowledged for producing globally employable graduates and was chosen as the Times and Sunday Times University of the Year for Graduate Employment 2016. The University is currently ranked sixth best in the UK by prospective employers.
- The Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is responsible for the growth and quality of private education in Dubai. It supports schools, universities, parents, students, educators, investors and government partners to create a high quality education sector focused on happiness and wellbeing.
- Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), a member of TECOM Group, is the world’s largest free zone dedicated to Higher Education. Established in 2007, DIAC hosts 26 universities from nine countries offering more than 500 undergraduate, post graduate, and PHD programmes to over 25,000 students representing 149 nationalities. Located on a modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities spread across 18 million square feet, DIAC acts as a catalyst for academia in the region and supports the fulfilment of Dubai’s ambition of building a knowledge-based economy through the provision of a wide range of internationally accredited study programmes.