Alien taskforce: Interdisciplinary problem-solving for the 21st century
- University of Birmingham
- Wednesday 6 March 2024 (13:00-15:00)
Imagine this: A large unidentified object has been sighted, floating across the centre of the University of Birmingham campus. What could this be? Where did it come from? Excitement is in the air. Guided by academics from the Liberal Arts and Natural Sciences department, you will learn how to tackle such a complex problem.
You will team up to form mini taskforce and research squads and develop a strategy that will protect both the object and planet Earth from possible annihilation.
By taking part in this simulation activity, you will gain:
- Experience working in groups with diverse insights to tackle a complex problem
- Understanding of how different subjects and disciplines work in relation to each other
- Confidence in identifying and speaking up for your own skills and knowledge
- Insight into paths you could follow with your own A level subjects
- Knowledge and expertise from academics working on a uniquely multidisciplinary degree programme in UK higher education
Who can attend this masterclass?
This event is open to all Year 12 and 13 students; you don't need any specific experience to be able to attend. Explore the rest of our masterclasses for more fun learning opportunities.
View all masterclasses
Questions? Email the team firstname.lastname@example.org.