Welcome to the home of the Electroacoustic Music Studios in the Music Department at the University of Birmingham.
The Department of Music offers a number of undergraduate and postgraduate courses which involve electroacoustic music. Topics include:
- Electronic Music Composition
- Mixed Instrumental/Vocal and Electroacoustic Composition
- Live or Real-Time Electroacoustics
- Programming with SuperCollider, Max/MSP, etc.
- Live Coding
- Network Music Systems
- Laptop Ensemble Composition, Theory and Practice
- Multichannel electroacoustic techniques and sound diffusion
- Sound Installations
- Sound Recording, including Ambisonic and field recording.
- Non-standard Synthesis
- History and Aesthetics of Electronic Music
Connect with us
Also in 'Electroacoustic Music Studios'