- Level of study
- Any Postgraduate, Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Clingan Trust was established under the Will of John Clingan, late of Christchurch, who died in or about the year 1716.
Grants are awarded towards expenses relating to education and/or training for a career, and also for music, the arts and social and physical training.
Value of Award
GRANTS are made at the discretion of the Trustees.
To qualify for consideration:-
1. The applicant must be under the age of 25.
2. There must be a financial need.
3. The applicant or his/her parent or guardian must reside within the trust catchment area.
4. The applicant must attend or have attended at some stage a place of education within the trust catchment area.
Parental income will be taken into account.
How to Apply
The application form, as well as the full details of application procedure, can be found on the Clingan's Trust website.
The Trustees normally meet five times a year and in or about January, April, July, September and November. For your application to be considered at the next meeting of the Trustees you MUST submit the application form at least a month before the next meeting. If you do not, then your application may not be considered for up to three months.
Clerk to Clingan's Trust