Global Masters Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Education, European Studies, Health Services Management, International Development, International Relations, Local Government Studies, Planning, Political Science, Russian and East European Studies, Social Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Teacher Training, Urban and Regional Studies
- Algeria, Canada, China, Egypt, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Seychelles, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/06/2022
Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfil their potential in learning and education.
In keeping with this tradition we are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to our Masters degrees during the 2022/23 academic year.
Value of Award
Approximately 40 scholarships will be awarded with a value of up to £10,000.
All taught Masters programmes are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programmes in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2022/23 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2022 on a course delivered on-campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 30 June 2022.
- Be academically exceptional and able to provide evidence for this in the scholarship application statement. Candidates should have, or be expecting to achieve, a first class overall grade (at least 70% in the UK system) in a bachelors degree or equivalent.
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
For full details about the eligibility criteria please visit the Global Masters Scholarship webpage.
How to Apply
This is a competitive scholarship and candidates who fulfil the eligibility requirements outlined above, and who have been issued and accepted an offer of admission to a Masters degree at Birmingham, are welcome to apply for this scholarship by completing the online scholarship application form on the Global Masters Scholarship webpage which will be made available very shortly.
Please complete the form accurately and in full as any incomplete applications will not be considered and cannot be amended once submitted. Please only complete the scholarship application form once as any duplicate applications will not be considered and we will only review your first submission.