Global Masters Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Education, European Studies, Health Services Management, International Development, International Relations, Local Government Studies, Planning, Political Science, Russian and East European Studies, Social Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Teacher Training, Urban and Regional Studies
- Bangladesh, Cameroon, Egypt, Gambia, The, Ghana, India, Iran, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closed 31/08/2023 (Note: competition closed for this year)
Birmingham has a proud heritage of removing barriers to education to enable the most academically talented students to fulfil their potential in learning and education.
In keeping with this tradition we are proud to be launching the Global Masters Scholarship to attract and support the most academically talented international students from across the world to our Masters degrees during the 2023/24 academic year.
Value of Award
£2,000 per scholarship.
All taught Masters programmes are eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of programmes in the Birmingham Business School, for which there are separate MSc and MBA scholarships on offer.
In order to be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements. Candidates must:
- Have received, and accepted, an offer of admission for a taught Masters degree at the University of Birmingham UK Campus to study in the 2023/24 academic year.
- Be classed as ‘domiciled’ in one of the listed eligible countries.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes.
- Start their studies at the University in September/ October 2023 on a course delivered on the University of Birmingham UK campus.
- Have paid the standard £2,000 Admissions deposit by 31 August 2023.
Students in receipt of a full scholarship or sponsorship covering full tuition fees from an alternative internal or external source are not eligible for this scholarship. Those with other partial awards may be able to conjoin this scholarship with other scholarships.
For full details about the eligibility criteria please visit the Global Masters Scholarship webpage.
Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions for further information on conditions and exclusions.
How to Apply
This scholarship will be automatically offered to applicants who meet the criteria outlined above.
To accept the scholarship you will need to formally accept the offer you receive from the University’s Admissions Office, by the deadline stated on your offer. You can do this via the postgraduate portal.
To fully secure the scholarship, you will also be required to pay the standard £2,000 (GBP) admissions deposit by the deadline set by the Admissions Office in your offer letter. (For the purposes of this scholarship selection process, your deposit must be paid by 31 August 23:59 UK time/ GMT+1).