Said Foundation Scholarship
- Level of study
- Postgraduate research masters, Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Jordan, Lebanon, Palestinian Territories, Syria
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- None. Open all year.
The Saïd Foundation is a charity based in the United Kingdom. One of the foundation aims is to promote education and development in the Middle East.
The programme aims to empower people through educational opportunities and to encourage the development of the Middle East. It is targeted towards outstanding individuals who demonstrate leadership potential and a driver of change within our target countries of Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Syria.
Value of Award
The Foundation provides fully funded scholarships which include tuition fees, full maintenance/living costs for the duration of your course, an arrival allowance, visa and healthcare surcharge fees and one economy return flight. In exceptional circumstances the Saïd Foundation may only be able to offer a partial scholarship if the tuition fees are very high.
In order to be considered for a Saïd Foundation scholarship all candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Hold Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian or Jordanian nationality. Candidates must permanently reside in the Foundation’s target region however the Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent of a UK 2.1 degree or higher at the time of submitting. Candidates who are in their final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent of a UK 2.1 degree or higher at the time of submitting. Candidates who are in their final year of their undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career plan.
Have applied to an eligible course at the University of Birmingham or another partner institution (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
Meet the Foundation’s English Language requirements (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each band). Please note that only English language certificates dated after 1st October 2020 will be accepted. Some universities have higher requirements so candidates are expected to meet these requirements too. Evidence is required that candidates meet their proposed university’s English language conditions.
How to Apply
The online application form, along with full details regarding the application process and deadlines, can be found on the Saïd Foundation website.