University of Birmingham India Chancellor's Scholarships 2024-25
- Level of study
- Postgraduate taught masters
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU), India
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 31/05/2024
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the India Chancellor’s award of 15 scholarships of £4,000 for select Indian students applying for entry to a postgraduate programme at the University starting September 2024.
The scholarships will be awarded to the students, starting their University of Birmingham programme in the 2024/2025 academic year, based on their academic merit and Statement of Purpose.
Value of Award
The scholarship is 15 x £4,000 towards tuition fees of a full-time postgraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2024.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time postgraduate programme starting September 2024. The student must be entering the first year of postgraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as domiciled in India.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have paid their £2,000 deposit by the deadline stated in their offer letter from Admissions Office (note the recipient of the full scholarship will be able to request and receive a refund of their deposit payment after enrolment).
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2024 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Submit your scholarship application directly after accepting the offer letter by the deadline 31st May 2024.
- Upon enrolment in September 2024, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
Additional Scholarship Conditions
- Successful recipients of the scholarships must have completed online registration and be ‘Normally Registered’ by 3 October (23:59 UK time/ GMT+1). If this is not the case, the university will withdraw the scholarship.
- If a scholarship recipient withdraws from their academic programme of study at the University the scholarship will also be fully withdrawn, and the student will be required to pay any tuition fees owed. The date of the withdrawal (as reported to Taught Student Administration) and the type of programme will determine the amount of tuition fee that will be owed.
- If a scholarship recipient decides to defer their programme start date to September 2024, they will no longer be eligible as the scholarship is only available for programmes starting in September 2024.
- Students seeking to study on a course solely delivered as a ‘distance learning’ programme are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Undergraduate programmes including the MBChB, MEng, MSci and MPharm are not eligible.
- Postgraduate programmes including MPhil, MRes, MMus and MLit are not eligible. PGDip and PGCert programmes are also not eligible
- In accepting and securing this scholarship, awardees are expected to support the University, to a reasonable extent and for a reasonable period of time, by providing profiles, testimonials and engaging in ambassadorial activities if requested by the University.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from Birmingham, have selected Birmingham as their firm choice, and paid the deposit. The last date to apply for the scholarship is 31st May 2024. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit and Statement of Purpose.
Access the scholarship application form
Only under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades) will applicants be asked to attend an online interview.
Decisions will be announced in early July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2024.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the eligibility criteria outlined above and according to the application and admission process stated above. The University will make its best endeavours to input the scholarship details onto each student’s CAS record for visa application purposes (this ‘note’ will be visible for the UKVI but not the student). The scholarship, applied as a discount to tuition fees, will be awarded/ applied upon enrolment of the successful candidate in September 2024.