University of Birmingham / IDP Outstanding Achievement Scholarships
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 30/06/2022
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce one scholarship award of £2500 for Singapore domiciled students applying for entry to a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2022.
This is a joint awards with our local representative, IDP Singapore, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme in 2022/23.
Value of Award
The scholarship award is for £2500 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2022.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2022. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Singapore domiciled.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee payment and should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2022, the scholarship award may not be deferred. Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – IDP Singapore.
- To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP Singapore by 30 June 2022.
- Upon enrolment in September 2022, pay their net tuition fees for the first year by 1 November, immediately following enrolment.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with IDP by 30 June 2022. Selection for the award will be based on academic performance. Students will be shortlisted for interviews which are to be held in July 2022 (date TBC) in Singapore. The scholarships will be announced shortly after interview.
The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2022. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.
For further information please contact our local representatives:
IDP Education Singapore, The Cathay, #02-6,7,8, 2 Handy Rd, Singapore 229233
+65 6819 0560