University of Birmingham Turkey Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- Level of study
- Any Undergraduate
- Subject area
- Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Cancer Sciences, Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Health and Population Sciences, Immunity and Infection, Nursing and Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, Social Sciences
- Overseas (Non-EU), Turkey
- Type of Award
- Deadline for applying
- Closes 21/06/2024
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 3 scholarships of £4,000 for the highest performing Turkish students starting their undergraduate programme at the University in September 2024.
Value of Award
The scholarship is 3 x £4,000 awards towards tuition fees (for the first year only) of a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Birmingham UK campus, starting September 2024.
Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their Firm choice for a full-time undergraduate programme starting September 2024. The students must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Turkish national or domiciled in Türkiye.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2024 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred).
- Submit their scholarship application by the deadline of 21 June 2024.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and have selected Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship deadline of 21 June 2024.
Students need to email the country manager of Türkiye (details below) with the UCAS ID, programme applied for, and the final transcript of Lise Diplomasi before the deadline of 21 June 2024. Please follow the format of ‘’Application for Scholarship – UCAS ID – Student name’’ in the email subject.
Selection for the award will be based on academic performance of year 12 of Lise Diplomasi.
Under exceptional circumstances in which the University is unable to choose an awardee based solely on academic merit (for instance, if two candidates have identical grades), applicants will be asked to attend an interview via Skype.
The decision will be announced in early July and the scholarship will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2024.
For further information, please contact our country manager for Türkiye