The Department of Film and Creative Writing is pleased to announce its 2015-2016 One-Minute Movie Competition.
This academic year, the University’s Arts and Science Festival (Monday 14 - Sunday 20 March 2016) is running on the theme of ‘Memory and Forgetting’, and we are asking you to submit one-minute films on that topic. You can take any approach you like - fact or fiction, literal or abstract, it’s up to you. Tell us a tale about memory or forgetting or both in just sixty seconds!
The competition is open to all University of Birmingham students (undergraduate and postgraduate) and the winner will be announced at a Department of Film and Creative Writing Screening Event to be held on the evening of Tuesday 15 March 2016.
- First prize is an Amazon Kindle Fire HD! There will also be two runner-up prizes of Amazon vouchers.
- You can view last year’s winning film, ‘An Interesting Trip’. The theme was ‘sight and sound’.
- Your film must match the theme of ‘Memory & Forgetting’.
- You must have copyright control of any audio or visual material that goes into your movie. This means either filming it yourself or using audio-visual material to which you have copyright permission. There are many sources of copyright free images, videos, music and other audio material available online that can be used under appropriate Creative Commons licenses, or because they are already in the public domain.
- Your film must not exceed one-minute (60 seconds) in length.
1.00pm Friday 26 February 2016
Films can be submitted on DVD to the Film and Creative Writing departmental office (4th Floor, Arts Building, opposite the lifts) to Jemma Saunders or Dr Richard Langley. Alternatively, films can be submitted via a USB drive at the same location, again to either Jemma or Richard.
If you have any questions about format, content, copyright, or anything else related to the competition, then please email Dr Richard Langley on firstname.lastname@example.org