For this important Conference in Krakow on Jewish Heritage we have been overwhelmed by expressions of interest from all parts of the world and have already received paper/presentation proposals from 29 countries. The themes cover the breadth of issues and opportunities that surround the conservation, interpretation and development of Jewish Heritage in towns and cities across Europe and the wider world.
These Conference interventions from researchers, policy-makers, urban planners, heritage professionals, tourism organisations etc. will help to shape our discussions around the past, present and future of Urban Jewish Heritage. A selection of papers to be presented can be found here: Abstracts.
In response to this global interest and to the many of you who still want to participate and share your research and experience with our international and inter-disciplinary audience in the famous City of Krakow, we have agreed to extend the ‘Call for Papers’ for another 4 weeks.
With our Polish partners we have put together an exciting and insightful Conference Programme and we welcome your participation in what will be an important event in shaping the future for Jewish Heritage across towns and cities.
We hope to receive all abstracts for papers/presentations as soon as possible and by 11th May at the very latest.
We are still wanting to hear from researchers, planners and policy-makers who are working with the following:
- Case studies relating to the preservation, conservation, development and interpretation of Jewish heritage in towns and cities
- Experiences of the tourism industry in running Jewish heritage tours, the touristic presentation of Jewish Heritage in towns and cities, and the touristic experience
- The role of the museum in promoting, representing and presenting Jewish heritage
- The role of town, city, and municipality planning and heritage departments in developing management models for urban Jewish heritage
- Intangible heritage relating to the presence and absence of Jewish heritage in urban areas.
If you have any queries or ideas or wish to discuss your involvement in this important event please do not hesitate to contact us.
To submit your 300 word abstract, please do so via our online submission platform: https://universityofbirmingham.submittable.com
Click here to visit the conference website.