COVID-19 and measures to contain it are having an adverse impact on mental health – with the level of risk reflecting exposure and entrenched social and economic inequalities.
- Co-designing responses to COVID-19 with mental health service users.
- Working with the housing sector to continue to address homelessness.
- Offsetting financial hardships for those experiencing unemployment.
- Increasing access to support for BAME communities, investing in culturally appropriate care and undertaking a risk assessment for BAME staff working in mental health services.
- Investment in mental health prevention at a national level and local level.
- Ensuring young people can access support for mental health through education, primary care and youth organisations.
- Equipping front-line workers and mental health professionals to respond effectively to violence and abuse whilst ensuring sustainable resourcing for organisations that provide support to survivors.