If you studied at the University, we process biographical, contact, and education details collected by the University during your time as a student.
If you are a supporter of the University, the data we process is that which you provide for example, if you sign up to our newsletters, register for an event or share your details with us following a visit to other parts of the University, such as Winterbourne House and Garden or the Barber Institute of Fine Arts.
We may also collect and hold personal information derived from publically available sources (either directly or through internet search functions). These public sources may include LinkedIn, Twitter, Companies House and other business-related resources including company websites, The Queen’s Honours lists, Royal Mail National Change of Address service, reliable news and press reports, and rich lists.
Examples of categories of personal data which we may hold are:
- Biographical/ contact details – for example, your name, postal/ email address and telephone number, date of birth, gender, nationality, marital status, and student number;
- Education details – for example, the courses you completed and dates of study;
- Professional details – for example, employer, occupation and work address;
- Any preferences provided by you for a specific purpose such as access requirements or other adjustments and dietary preferences for event management purposes and your communication preferences;
- Philanthropic details – for example, your history of donations (of both time (for example, volunteering) and money) made to the University, your areas of philanthropic interest and your publicly known philanthropy;
- Engagement details – for example, your membership of clubs, societies and alumni groups, your attendance at College or University events, your relationships with other alumni, supporters of the University and Colleges and publicly -known relationships with non-University stakeholders;
- Photographs – including those we have taken (for example, at events or to accompany a published interview) and those which are in the public domain.
When using video conferencing applications such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams, your name, user name, email address, your computer’s IP address, MAC address and device name may be collected.
The University will also keep records about your use of the IT facilities you use as an alumni user.