We ask for your consent to process your personal data for the purposes set out above, and you can withdraw your consent at any time, except as set out below.
When we use your data we do so on the basis that this is necessary:
- In the public interest; or
- For scientific or historical research or statistical purposes; or
- For the purposes of the University’s legitimate business interests (for example, in order to manage and develop its business).
We will only process your Special Category data (sensitive information about you, for example any allergies or other dietary requirements) with your explicit consent or if it is necessary:
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Very occasionally, when it is needed to protect your or another person’s vital interests and you are not capable of giving your consent (for example, in an emergency);
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.