The University will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To reserve a place for you at the event(s) you desire to attend;
- To provide you with information about the event(s) for which you have registered, that includes event updates, and possible changes, cancellation or similar information;
- To provide you with information about accessibility, transportation, parking, etc. that may impact on your attendance to the event;
- To fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under public safety legislation;
- In accordance with your preferences, to communicate with you about other events, news, and opportunities at the University of Birmingham.
When using video conferencing applications, such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams, personal data such as your IP address and device name may collected by the companies who own these applications in order to schedule and create a record of meetings, improve and tailor your experience when using these applications. Where video conferencing applications are used to record meetings, personal data captured within the recording are stored within the cloud service owned by that company. Where recording is taking place, you will be notified at the beginning of or as you enter the recording session.
Data held and used by the University are compliant with GDPR. Personal data stored by a service provider within the cloud may be stored outside of the European Economic Area.