The Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) aims to attract students from a diverse range of disciplines from chemistry and engineering through to social scientists. Fostering the differing intellectual qualities, backgrounds, and cultures and nurturing the student partnerships is achieved through the cohort development strategy of the training programme.
How to apply
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com for consideration. Your application will be considered by the CDT board and if shortlisted will be invited to attend an interview.
Vacancies are available for applicants all year round, but we encourage a cohort start at the beginning of September of each year. If successful, you will be offered a project at one of the partner institutions subject to EPSRC funding eligibility and admissions criteria at the University where you would be based.
We advertise regularly upcoming projects within the CDT on findaphd website, please indicate if you are interested in any of the specific projects.
All applications must be supported by the following documents, although these may be uploaded or sent separately from the main application form:
- Copy of CV
- Degree manuscript
Fees and Funding
Doctoral Researchers will receive a tax-free stipend of £14,600 per annum. The home university is responsible for stipend payments, reimbursement of expenses and other financial matters.
To be eligible for the full award – consisting stipend and fees – the applicant must have:
- (a) ‘settled’ status in the UK, meaning no restrictions on how long they can stay
- (b) been ordinarily resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 consecutive years before the programme begins
- (c) spent no part of that residence wholly or mainly for receiving full-time education
- UK Nationals Applicants will automatically satisfy all three residence criteria.
- EU Nationals EU nationals are not required to meet residence criteria (a) and (c). They may qualify for full awards if they fulfil criterion (b). Otherwise, they may qualify for ‘fees-only’ awards.
For any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org