Promoting excellence in PROs Research and Education
CPROR aims are to promote the efficient integration of PROs in the NHS, by:
- Building capacity for applied and methodological PROs research to evaluate PROs use in routine care and as part of ‘big-data’.
- Supporting clinicians, trials units, ethics committees, funders, regulators and policy makers to ensure high quality, ethical, efficient PRO data collection.
- Providing education, training and support for optimal use and integration of PROs in clinical trials and routine care.
- Working in partnership with patients and the public, clinicians and policy makers to ensure PRO data collected in routine care and trials meets their needs.
- Build on existing international collaborations with clinicians, funding bodies, regulatory agencies, methodologists and industry.
- The Centre for Patient Reported Outcomes Research is internationally recognised as leading research into best practice for PROs in clinical trials. Collaboration with the UoB Health Economics Unit, Diagnostic Test Evaluation Group and Birmingham Centre for Clinical Trials (BCCT) give us unique strength in this area.
- Strategic links with Birmingham Health Partners (BHP), the Intitute for Translational Medicine (ITM), University Hospital Birmingham Foundation NHS Trust (UHB) and the Birmingham Children’s Hospital allows us to facilitate ePRO development and the uptake of PRO methodology in cutting edge translational research.
- Our sector leading national and international collaborations facilitate an agile response to multidisciplinary funding calls and will facilitate maximal research impact.