SOP Training: Muscle Biopsies, Food & Nutritional Components and Healthy Volunteers
- Wednesday 11 November 2020 (14:00-15:30)
Registration closed. Turn on RSS/Atom Feed to receive updates on future events (see below for details).
Aims and objectives:
This training will provide:
- An introduction to the Clinical Research Compliance Team and the UoB Quality Management System
- An overview of the Food and Nutritional Components SOP that describes the procedures for sourcing, storage, preparation and administration of food and/or nutritional components to participants.
- An overview of the Skeletal Muscle Biopsies SOP that describes the procedures for the oversight and conduct of skeletal muscle biopsies (not intended for diagnostic purposes) in participants.
- An overview of the Healthy Volunteers and Medical Oversight SOP that describes the procedures for the recruitment, management and medical oversight of healthy volunteers in clinical research.
This training is applicable to staff and students involved in clinical research using which will use food and/or nutritional component, carry out skeletal muscle biopsy and/or recruit healthy volunteers. Registration is required to attend this training.
Why this course:
This training will help you understand what is required in terms of carrying out clinical research that involves food and/or nutritional component, skeletal muscle biopsies and/or healthy volunteers, and where to find guidance. Attendees will also be given time to reflect on their own practices and have the opportunity to ask any questions.
Stay up to date!
Get automatic updates on new events released, as well as changes to existing events by using the RSS Feed or Atom Feed (see links for instructions). For example, Microsoft Outlook can be used as a RSS reader to enable you to receive notifications about our events.