REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed to support data capture for research studies, providing
1) an intuitive interface for validated data entry;
2) audit trails for tracking data manipulation and export procedures;
3) automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to common statistical packages;
4) procedures for importing data from external sources.
For more information on REDCap see https://projectredcap.org
The BiSTC REDCap system has been set up primarily for surgical trainees of the West Midlands Research Collaborative and projects should satisfy certain criteria for approval -
- An audit that will lead to further prospective research / publishable RCT
- A national or international study/project that will enhance the reputation of BiSTC / WMRC
- Each project is also contingent on approval by the BiSTC Management Group.
Please note the BiSTC REDCap system is not set up to support projects that require ethics.
BiSTC can provide access to REDCap for approved projects but cannot offer administrative support.
To request a project setup on the BiSTC REDCap system study groups should send details of their project to BiSTC@contacts.bham.ac.uk. Include a summary of the intended research, the aims, objectives, and why REDCap is needed. Please also include the protocol and CRFs.
BiSTC REDCap Privacy Statements:
BiSTC REDCap Privacy Notice
Privacy Statement for the Delphi Surgical Surgical Basket Exercise