REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed to support data capture for research studies, providing:
1) an intuitive interface for validated data entry
2) audit trails for tracking data manipulation and export procedures
3) automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to common statistical packages
4) procedures for importing data from external sources
For more information on REDCap see https://projectredcap.org
The BiSTC REDCap was initially set-up with the support of the West Midlands Research Collaborative to facilitate the research activities of surgical trainees and trainee collaboratives. Now extended to other specialties, projects must fulfil the following criteria and be approved by the directors and management board of BiSTC:
- An audit / project that will lead to future prospective research or a publishable RCT
- Deliverable in terms of collaborative / network buy-in with secured funds or prospect of being fundable.
- Will enhance the reputation of BiSTC / WMRC
Once projects are adopted, BiSTC provides high-level input on protocol development and funding applications, statistical analysis, data management and help with the administrative aspects of running collaborative research.
If you have a research idea that BiSTC can help with please complete our new business form which can be accessed here: https://redcap.link/bicops_new_proposal_form. Please note that the focus of BiSTC is collaboration; to develop high-impact research and researchers, rather than being simply a REDCap platform provider.
BiSTC REDCap Privacy Statements: