These are projects currently recruiting at BCTU.
- ECAL - Effectiveness of Electronic Cigarettes compared with varenicline for smoking cessation in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and effect on Lung health.
- FREMS-PDPN - The Utility of Frequency-Modulated Electromagnetic Neural Stimulation (FREMS) as a Third Line Treatment in Patients with Painful Diabetes-Related Peripheral Neuropathy.
- Sleep T2D - The Impact of Sleep Disorders in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: A Cohort Study and Feasibility RCT. This trial is now in follow up.
- STARFISH - a randomised controlled trial to determine whether the oral, intratympanic injection, or combined oral and intratympanic injection steroids is the best first line treatment for idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss.
- VITDALIZE UK - Effect of high-dose vitamin D3 on 28-day mortality in adult critically ill patients with severe vitamin D deficiency: UK arm of an international multi-centre, placebo-controlled double-blind trial.