Ofgem's Smart Futures Event - Facilitating the Energy Transition
- Bramall Music Building, R12
- Engineering and Physical Sciences, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research
As the energy sector undergoes fundamental change, the regulatory and market arrangements will have to evolve to ensure the transition happens in a way that protects consumers’ interests, and enables them to benefit from the innovation and new services we are seeing.
This forward thinking session will feature an exhibition, and a keynote speech from Nick Winser CBE, Chairman of the Energy Systems Catapult on the transition to a smarter, low-carbon energy system. Following the presentation, a panel discussion, chaired by Andrew Wright, Senior Partner for Energy Systems at Ofgem, will cover a range of topics including:
- How we can make the energy transition work for all of society, and ensure it happens in a way that protects consumers' interests - enabling them to benefit from the innovation and new services we are seeing.
- How can we transition to a low carbon energy system without placing unfair costs on consumers?
- How can we ensure the benefits of revolutionary innovations such as domestic generation and battery storage are enjoyed by all consumers?
- How can industry best engage communities and consumers in the creation of a decentralised and decarbonised system?
Join us and be part of a conversation about the big issues facing the energy sector and the future of regulation.
Panel members will include:
- Afsheen Rashid, Chair, Community Energy England
- Nigel Turvey, Chair, Energy Network Association Open Networks project & Network Strategy and Innovation Manager, Western Power Distribution
- Victoria MacGregor, Director of Energy, Citizens Advice
- Karl Anders, National EV Manager, Nissan
- Peter Bance, Chief Executive, Origami Energy
Please note, light refreshments will be available as a part of the exhibition. To register, please contact email@example.com