Ofgem's Smart Futures Event - Facilitating the Energy Transition
- Bramall Music Building, R12
- Friday 24 November 2017 (12:15-14:00)
As the energy sector undergoes fundamental change, the regulatory and market arrangements will have to evolve to ensure the transition happens in a way that protects consumers’ interests, and enables them to benefit from the innovation and new services we are seeing.
This forward thinking session will feature an exhibition, and a keynote speech from Nick Winser CBE, Chairman of the Energy Systems Catapult on the transition to a smarter, low-carbon energy system. Following the presentation, a panel discussion, chaired by Andrew Wright, Senior Partner for Energy Systems at Ofgem, will cover a range of topics including:
- How we can make the energy transition work for all of society, and ensure it happens in a way that protects consumers' interests - enabling them to benefit from the innovation and new services we are seeing.
- How can we transition to a low carbon energy system without placing unfair costs on consumers?
- How can we ensure the benefits of revolutionary innovations such as domestic generation and battery storage are enjoyed by all consumers?
- How can industry best engage communities and consumers in the creation of a decentralised and decarbonised system?
Join us and be part of a conversation about the big issues facing the energy sector and the future of regulation.
Panel members will include:
- Afsheen Rashid, Chair, Community Energy England
- Nigel Turvey, Chair, Energy Network Association Open Networks project & Network Strategy and Innovation Manager, Western Power Distribution
- Victoria MacGregor, Director of Energy, Citizens Advice
- Karl Anders, National EV Manager, Nissan
- Peter Bance, Chief Executive, Origami Energy
Please note, light refreshments will be available as a part of the exhibition. To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org