What is being done to grow the alternative energy sector?
On Thursday 5 December, Insider Media hosted an alternative energy round table with the Energy Research Accelerator to review what is being done to grow the alternative energy sector, commercialise new power sources and develop better battery technology.
The round table brought senior figures from academia and the private and public sector together to discuss ways of developing energy-from-waste solutions, the future of hydrogen and battery technology and the social implications of forcing businesses and people to reduce carbon use, which included the warning the issue could become “the next Brexit”.
Participants of the discussion included;
- Lisa Trickett, Co-founder, Places in Common
- Martin Freer, Director of the Energy Research Accelerator and Director of the Birmingham Energy Institute, University of Birmingham
- Peter Jones, Director, Ecolateral
- Michaela Wright, head of corporate sustainability, HSBC UK
- Ana Maria Cortes, research associate, European Bioenergy Research Institute, Aston University
- Adam Wray-Summerson, project and market development manager, Clarke Energy
- Adrian Nicholls, engineering manager – utilities and sustainability, Lorien Energy Solutions
- Serah Adegbenro, project engineer, Base Power
- Martin Dowson, principal engineer of battery systems, Warwick Manufacturing Group
- Tracy Lake, partner, Weightmans
For more information about the discussions at the alternative round table, please visit Insider Media.