Teaching German in a Transcultural World
- Wednesday 23 March (16:00) - Friday 25 March 2022 (19:00)
The conference ‘Teaching German in a Transcultural World’ takes place on 23–25 March, with a range of topics and speakers.
Each day runs from 16:00 to 19:00 on Zoom. If you would like to participate but have not yet registered, please email Matthew Hines, the research assistant, for access to the event. Additional information is available on the conference flier.
Wednesday 23 March
- Ayça Türkoğlu: Translating Turkish Migration
- Dr Caroline Adrey: To what extent does the Modern Foreign Languages curriculum in the UK foster an understanding of transculturality?
Thursday 24 March 16:00–16:50
- Dr Cornelia Zierau & Martina Kofer: Language-sensitive literature teaching
16:50–17:00 – Break
- Dennis Janssen (Paderborn): In order to respond: The relevance of Bernhard Waldenfels’ Phenomenology of the Alien for intercultural German literature teaching
Friday 25 March
- Aboli Patwardhan: Finding authenticity in the hybrid era
16:40–16:50 – Break
- ‘Show and Tell’ (Chair: Dr Caroline Ardrey)
18:20–18:30 – Break
- Closing Discussion and View Ahead: what’s next in the programme?