Birmingham Type 1 Diabetes Symposium
- Nicolson Building, University of Birmingham
- Medical and Dental Sciences
- Thursday 14th (17:30) - Friday 15th June 2018 (15:45)
Dr Parth Narendran and Dr Ruth Krone will be hosting the Birmingham Type 1 Diabetes Symposium – open to all healthcare professionals involved in the care of adults and children with type 1 diabetes – at the Nicolson Building, Nettlefold Rooms.
The meeting will consist of keynote presentations, workshops, open debate and networking. The learning objectives for the symposium include:
1. Enhance the delegates understanding about the importance of structured education in the treatment of diabetes and how to implement key features into a service
2. Enhance the delegates understanding about different types of diabetes in childhood, in particular when to consider a diagnosis of non-type 1 diabetes and further genetic testing
3. To enable delegates to formulate effective and safe exercise management plans for children with type 1 diabetes, including effective use and limitations of glucose monitoring devices and insulin pumps
4. To enhance the delegates understanding about new technology in diabetes including indications for use, benefits and limitations, identifying the right technology for the right patient and understand funding regulations
As team working is so crucial to the management of this condition, healthcare professional teams from within the same unit are encouraged to attend together.
Day 1 Thursday 14 June
Venue: Hilton Garden Inn, Birmingham City Centre
Day 2 Friday 15 June
Venue: Nicholson Building
Find out more