How Your Business Can Supply the Rail Sector
- Gisbert Kapp
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
This FREE workshop, exclusively for manufacturing, engineering and tech companies, is your invitation to find out how your business can benefit from supplying the rail sector.
The rail sector is growing quickly. There is a record £47bn investment in the industry with passenger numbers expected to increase by 40% by 2040. This is not just about HS2. There are many other rail projects going on in the Midlands such as light rail in Birmingham and the Midlands Rail Hub project.
The fully funded DIGI-RAIL project helps manufacturing, engineering and tech companies to get involved in the rail sector, find new customers and benefit from this record investment. There are many opportunities in the rail sector from manufacturing handles for train doors through designing new rolling stock to developing digital apps.
Many manufacturers can easily switch from producing parts for cars, lorries etc. to making parts for trains. With engineering and technology firms, it is just about understanding the opportunities, the main players in the sector and how to get involved. You will find out all this and more in our morning workshop just for manufacturing, engineering and tech companies.
Do you want:
- More clients and more business for your company in a well-established, growing and under-serviced sector?
- The stability which comes from having a diverse customer base (when one industry declines, another rises)?
- To gain a foothold ahead of your competitors?
This valuable workshop has been specifically designed for companies who are looking for new opportunities and want to be involved in rail projects that are backed by organisations such as LEPs, local authorities and Chambers of Commerce.
- Discover the opportunities, drivers and key players in the rail sector
- Develop an understanding of what you need to do to get ready for rail
- Understand the funded support mechanisms available
- Develop an action plan to move your company forward
- Tour the labs and see what is coming in the near future.
The workshop will kick off at 9 and ends at 1 when a buffet lunch will be served. You are very welcome to join us or if you need to shoot away, then you can.
DIGI-RAIL is helping companies in a number of areas including (but not limited to):
- Future Railway Operations and Control
- Traffic Management
- Rolling Stock Design
- Energy Optimisation
- Smart Ticketing
- Future Wireless Networks
- Station Information Systems
- IoT and Cyber Security.
Find out how your company can benefit from getting involved in this sector.
We hope you decide to join us.