Research Scholarships in Birmingham Business School
Birmingham Business School (BBS) is renowned for its research. With over 200 lecturing and research staff, internationally recognized as authorities in their fields, our research contributes to academic debates and has worldwide impact.
Birmingham Business School Doctoral Scholarships
Level of study: Doctoral research
Subject area: Department of Accounting, Department of Marketing.
We welcome applications from candidates who have not previously applied to study for a PhD in the Departments of Accounting or Marketing during 2019/2020.
Nationality: UK, EU
Type of Award: University
Deadline for applying: 27 April 2020 (23:59 GMT)
The Business School is investing in support of new home and EU doctoral research students - through full funding of fees and/or stipends. Outstanding applicants will be considered for already identified specific topics in the following research centres and departments:
The scholarships are available only to candidates of the highest academic ability who wish to study for a PhD at Birmingham Business School.
Value of Award
The scholarships include full/partial funding fees and stipends for both home and overseas PhD students.
We anticipate that those to whom we offer funding:
- will have obtained either a first class or very strong upper second class undergraduate degree in social sciences or a closely-related subject;
- may also have obtained a relevant Masters’ degree, with the award of a good merit or distinction;
- will have formulated a strong research proposal demonstrating the potential to make an original contribution in their chosen topic.
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is 27 April 2020 (23:59 GMT).
Potential candidates for the Birmingham Business School Doctoral Scholarships must complete two application forms:
- University application for doctoral study. This is completed and submitted online.
- Birmingham Business School Scholarship application form. This must be downloaded and emailed to Dr Danny McGowan, Director of the Doctoral Programme (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: ‘Birmingham Business School Scholarships’.
For further information on the application process, please visit our doctoral scholarships webpage. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Scholarships for international students
Full details of additional funding available from the University to international students can be found on the International fees and funding webpages.
Funding database search
To find out if you are eligible for any University of Birmingham scholarships or bursaries, please visit the Postgraduate funding database search.