For 2023 entry, the Birmingham Dental School will be conducting all interviews in person. It is important that you watch the above video and read the below frequently asked questions to find out more about how interviews will work and what you need to do to prepare.
What do I need to do to prepare for my interview?
- Ensure that you have valid photo ID with you ready to show us on the day. If you do not have a photo ID, please do let us know at least one week before your interview so that we can verify you in another way. If we cannot verify you, we will not be able to interview you.
- Dress as you would for a face-to-face interview.
- Practice speaking with people of all ages about your motivation to study Dental Surgery, both in person and online.
How will my interview work?
- Your interview slot will be 2.5 hours in total, which will consist of registration (30 minutes), your interview (1 hour) and a tour and chance to speak to our current students (1 hour). You will find out whether you will be taking a tour first or having your interview first at registration.
- Your interview will consist of 4 stations of 10 minutes each, no prior knowledge of Dentistry is necessary.
When will I find out if I have an offer?
- You should find out whether you have received an offer to study with us in early March, when all of our interviews have concluded and the scores have been ranked.
I need to reschedule my interview, what do I need to do?
- We will only consider rescheduling an interview for a very strong reason, such as illness, hospitalisation or attending a funeral, we cannot guarantee a rescheduled appointment.
- Due to the volume of candidates we are interviewing, rescheduled interview dates will either not be permitted, or given at very short notice.
What if I am running late for my interview?
- We recommend that you arrive five minutes before your registration time. If you arrive late on the day, we will do our best to reschedule your interview, but we cannot guarantee this.
What if I feel I have been unfairly treated?
- If you feel you have been unfairly treated or if something disrupts your interview on the day, please do email or call us and we will be happy to assist.
Who do I need to contact in case I have additional questions before my interview?