Transferring from another College or University

All applications to study for an undergraduate degree at the University of Birmingham must be made through UCAS, regardless of whether or not you are applying directly from school or from another university or college, and no matter the year of entry for which you are applying.

When you complete your UCAS form, you must make sure that you include all your most recent qualifications in the qualifications section of the form. If you are currently studying at another university, you should include an entry for each of the modules that you will have completed by the time you hope to begin your studies at UoB. If you already have your grades, you should provide them. If they are pending, you should make this clear on the form. If you do not do this, then the grades you have from school will be presumed to be your most recent qualifications. 

If you are given an offer, it is likely to be conditional on achieving certain grades in your current studies. At this point, you will be asked to provide a transcript of your grades to confirm your offer. As with all applications made through UCAS, you will also need to provide a Personal Statement and a Reference. If you are unsure how to include any of this information in the form, you should contact UCAS directly

On the form, it will ask you the year of study for which you are applying. While it is generally not possible to transfer onto a Year 3 or Year 4 of an undergraduate degree at the University of Birmingham, some departments do consider applications for transfer into Year 2. In departments which do consider Year 2 applications, they will be looking at whether your studies to date will have adequately prepared you for Year 2 of the University of Birmingham course that you want to study. When they read your personal statement and reference, they will also want to know your reason for wanting to transfer at this stage.

Before applying for Year 2 entry, you should contact the department to find out whether they consider Year 2 transfers. They will also be able to advise you further about the entry criteria.