What can today's soldiers learn from WW1?
Dr Jonathan Boff presents a series or articles and videos for BBC's iWonder.
- The lessons of history - 100 years on from the start of the First World War, the British Army is still learning about the conflict that shaped so much of our world today.
- Battles than changed warfare - key battles of WWI that changed warefare.
- Creating a fighting force - this new warfare called for a different kind of soldier and drove all armies to reassess and renegotiate their relationship with their troops.
- Realities of battle - hear WW1 soldiers describe what it felt to go over the top.
- Importance of strong bonds - the bond between soldiers is a crucial factor in enabling them to do their job.
- Vist BBC iWonder to read the articles