International undergraduate scholarships
Birmingham Law School offer scholarships for international students on all of our LLB degrees.
- £3000 per year
- Scholarship is a fee reduction
- Available to overseas
- Apply for one of our LLB programmes via UCAS
- Complete the scholarship application form
- Strength of the supporting statement
- Academic achievements and previous study
- Any relevant professional qualifications and achievements
Application deadline: Closed for new applications
Eligibility and selection criteria
The LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarships will be available to students who are:
- International applicants
Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Not already registered on a programme at the University of Birmingham
Applicants must not currently be enrolled on a programme at Birmingham.
You must be self-funding and have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- In receipt of an offer
You must have applied through UCAS, received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as your firm choice for a full-time undergraduate law programme starting September 2021. You must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
Undertaking one of the following LLB programmes:
- £3,000 per annum will be awarded to successful applicants. Scholarships are not paid directly to successful applicants but will take the form of a fee reduction at the beginning of the programme.
- To retain the scholarship students must gain a minimum of a 2:1 (60%+) in each year of study. Should these grades not be achieved, the scholarship will be withdrawn for the remainder of the programme.
- Students on the Law with French Law or Law with German Law programmes will receive scholarship payments in years 1,2 and 4 assuming all conditions are met.
- Scholarships are available to all privately funded international students categorised as overseas for fees purposes.
- Scholarships are only available for students beginning their programme in September 2021 and cannot be deferred.
- Students in receipt of support from other funding bodies which wholly cover their tuition are not eligible.
Applications are now closed for 2021 entry.
To be considered for an award, applicants must, by the Monday 24 May 2021 deadline, have done both of the following:
The application includes a 2000 character (approximately 300 word) statement, in which students should address why they should be made an award. You must include your UCAS ID number in your application.
Successful applicants will be notified in June 2021.