Birmingham Free Legal Advice Group
Birmingham FLAG is delivered by students and as such is a term time only service, running from the start of October to mid-December and end of January to end of March.
The Birmingham Free Legal Advice Group (FLAG), is a clinic delivered by University law students working under the supervision of qualified lawyers, offering free legal advice in the following areas of law:
- Family and divorce law
- Wills and probate
- Civil disputes*
- Housing, Landlord and Tenant
* A civil dispute refers to a disagreement between private individuals or organisations that is not a criminal matter. Civil disputes can include neighbour disputes, contractual disputes, financial disputes, to name a few.
Please be aware that Birmingham FLAG is only able to assist you if:
- Your legal enquiry relates to the areas of law listed above;
- You are based in the West Midlands;
- Your legal query does not require immediate deadlines to be met (e.g. within four weeks);
- You do not require legal representation in court or a tribunal; and
- We are able to secure a pro bono lawyer with the relevant expertise and capacity to supervise the students working on your case.
Alternative sources of free legal advice: Local Advice Agencies - Birmingham Law Society