We guarantee all first-year undergraduate students a room in University accommodation or a nominated bedspace in partner accommodation provided that you:
- Applied to the University of Birmingham through UCAS
- Met the terms of your offer and accepted it as your firm choice
- Submitted the application by 31 May (UK/EU students) or 31 July (international students)
- Confirmed by 1 September that you’re coming to the University
- Come to the University of Birmingham on your own
- Applied for accommodation for a full academic year on a 42-week contract
Applications for accommodation for 2019/20 open on 1 December 2018. You can apply online for accommodation as soon as you have an offer of a place to study at Birmingham. You will need your Student ID number, included in your offer letter, to apply.
Students who are outside the guarantee scheme - for example those who put Birmingham as their insurance choice of University, or come through Clearing or Adjustment, or apply after the deadline, are not guaranteed accommodation. However where we have vacancies we will offer these rooms and if we do not have accommodation within our own stock we will advise on suitable alternative options.