Postgraduate campus tours
Visit our beautiful campus by attending a campus tour
If you are interested in postgraduate study at Birmingham in 2022, you have the opportunity to visit our beautiful campus in Edgbaston and attend one of our Postgraduate Campus Tours.
- Our student ambassadors are current students who will be able to give an insight into postgraduate study at the University, and life in Birmingham however it is unlikely that the ambassador leading your tour will be from the course you are interested in.
- Tours typically begin at 11:00 and 13:00 and last approximately 45 minutes. They include all the main facilities on campus and those that will be of specific interest to your chosen subject area.
- Comfortable footwear is advised. If you or anyone accompanying you has any accessibility requirements, please advise us when booking your place. This will allow us to make all the necessary arrangements to ensure your visit is as easy as possible.
- The tour will take place outside, so please check the forecast and come prepared for any weather!
- Each tour will have limited space, with a maximum of 15 people in each group.
- There will be toilet facilities and catering facilities available.
- When you book a tour, you will receive a confirmation email and then nearer the date and time of your tour, we will send you another email with all the details you need, such as information on where the tour will depart from.
- Due to unforseen circumstances, we may be forced to cancel campus tours at relatively short notice. We will contact you via email if things need to change for any reason.
Please read our advice about getting to our Edgbaston Campus. We have our own train station at the University which is around 7 minutes from Birmingham New Street as well as plenty of bus connections. If you are driving to the University, then there are a number of pay and display car parks that you can use. We recommend the North East Car Park (Sat Nav postcode B15 2SA, pay and display charges apply), however parking on campus is extremely limited and visitors to campus are requested to visit us using public transport wherever possible.
Self-guided campus tours
If you are unable to make the above dates but would like to visit our campus, you are welcome to have a look round independently using our self-guided campus tour booklet.
You may also find it useful to use our digital campus map.
Explore our campus online
If you are unable to join us for a campus tour, we also have a virtual tour of our campus available online, giving you the chance to look around some of the spaces you'd experience as a student here. We are continually adding new buildings and information to the tour and so why not take the time to explore. We also have video content where you can find out more about campus, and have developed a self-guided audio tour should you wish to explore campus in your own time.
We also hold regular online chat events offering advice about funding, application guidance and student experience.